Flint Youth Theatre is…
- Flint's only professional theatre company.
- Michigan's only professional theatre for youth and family audiences.
- the resident theatre company at the Flint Cultural Center.
Since 1957, Flint Youth Theatre's nationally-acclaimed, award-winning inter-generational programming has provided Flint area residents with opportunities to experience the unique joys of discovery and self-expression through the performing arts.
FYT, along with the Flint Symphony Orchestra and the Flint School of Performing Arts, is a program of the Flint Institute of Music. FIM is dedicated to changing lives through a lifelong continuum of music, dance and theatre.
FYT is the resident theatre company at the Flint Cultural Center. As home to a group of nationally-recognized cultural institutions aimed at furthering the arts, sciences and humanities, the FCC offers a truly unique educational and entertainment resource. Through live performances, unique exhibits, classes and more, the FCC brings it ALL within your reach.
Get in Touch
810.237.1530 • 1220 E. Kearsley St., Flint MI 48503
Click here for a Google Map
Performance, conference, reception and meeting spaces available. Please call 810.237.1530 for further details.
Calling FYT Alumni!
Shoot a video and help support the FYT Drama School Tuition Assistance Program!
Are you an alum of Flint Youth Theatre? Do you have any kind of video recording device? More importantly:
Do you want to help more kids take part in the magic of Flint Youth Theatre?
Even if you don’t have a knack for video, you can help FYT raise money for FYT Drama School’s Susan D. Wood Tuition Assistance Fund!
FYT is inviting you to create a one-minute video about what FYT meant to you. If you were affiliated with Flint Youth Theatre as a student, cast member, or stage crew since our founding in 1957, we want to hear from you!
When all the videos are in, we will immortalize your creation by editing it into a two-to-three minute YouTube video that will be the centerpiece of our crowd sourcing fundraising campaign for FYT Drama School’s Susan D. Wood Tuition Assistance Fund.
Watch this video explaining more by FYT alum Kathryn Nicolai… Then send your video to us at
For more information, call 810-237-1530.
General Patron Information
- Lobby doors open one hour prior to performance time. Theater doors open 30 minutes prior to curtain. The theaters are wheelchair accessible.
- All patrons, regardless of age, must have a ticket. Patrons are encouraged NOT to bring newborns, infants and babes in arms to the theater. Please consider others when deciding to bring small children to the theater and take into account age recommendations. Patrons who cause disruptions or who are unable to sit quietly throughout a performance may be asked to leave the seating area with a guardian. No refunds will be given.
- Audio and video recording devices are not permitted in the theater. As a courtesy to all patrons, please turn off cellular phones and other electronic devices before the performance.
- Patrons arriving after the start of the performance will be seated at an appropriate break in the performance as determined by the management.
- All ticket sales are final. No refunds will be given, even for inclement weather. Only FYT patrons with subscriptions may exchange tickets for any performance within the run of individual productions at no extra charge. Sorry, tickets cannot be exchanged across shows. The ticket price includes a $0.50 building restoration fee per ticket.
- Programs and schedules are specified in good faith as accurate at the time of printing but are subject to change without notice.
- Personal Responsibility Statement: FYT prides itself on offering a diverse selection of entertainment. Not all productions may appeal to or be appropriate for every person of for all ages. Therefore, patrons are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the show offered in order to make informed decisions prior to purchasing tickets.
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING
Flint Youth Theatre is conveniently located off of I-475 at 1220 E. Kearsley St., on the campus of the Flint Cultural Center. FREE PARKING is available in FYT’s parking lot. If the FYT lot is full, you are advised to park behind the Flint Institute of Arts or on the top level of the Mott Community College parking deck. A public transportation bus stop is located at FYT.